There’s no doubt that the car shipping industry has grown a lot in the past few years. Many people have used your local auto transport company or an online car shipping company to ship vehicles nationwide. Unfortunately, there are some car shipping companies who try to swindle you out of your hard-earned money. Since we are always thinking about what is best for the customer in our car shipping tips, Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when contacting a car shipping company for service.
Car Shipping Company Scams Revealed
Car shipping scams aren’t something new! The internet has become an instant method for a fraudulent shipping company looking to cash in on unsuspecting individuals. For instance, some auto transport companies add in consultation fees, processing fees or paperwork fees to the contract without informing you. Other current car shipping scams are:
- Changing the final price of car shipping services AFTER you’ve signed a contract
- Providing contracts that don’t entirely spell out terms and conditions
- Pretending to be a car shipping company without proper certifications or special licenses
Avoiding Car Shipping Company Scams
There are some steps you can take to avoid getting scammed when looking for a reputable car shipping company. Remember, you can always use the internet as a tool when researching an auto transport company. Here are a few tips to use next time you need an auto transported:
- Research the car shipping company you’re interested in by gathering all the information you get about them. This includes capturing full business, name and address and their phone numbers.
- Take this information and investigate the car shipping company by reading their online reviews and checking their BBB rate.
- Make sure to read the ENTIRE contract before you sign it to avoid hidden charges from happening.