Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to Washington D.C.
When looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to Washington D.C., you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the Washington D.C. auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing to working with you through the transport itself, every team member will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make Washington D.C. car shipping much easier than most folks think it is, even with the tight roadways and heavy traffic that D.C. has! Whether you are hauling a crane or road roller on a lowboy from your yard in Maryland to a project in Capitol Hill; living in Georgetown and bringing your luxury car in from New York, California, or even Texas, you want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier. If you’re living out of state and need your car transported in an open-air carrier to Northwest, Anacostia, or Foggy Bottom for your new job or posting, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to Washington D.C.? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
Washington D.C. and the D.C. metropolitan area is a unique region. A city not in any state, with its own vibe and atmosphere, it’s is a variety of neighborhoods and surrounding suburbs. These suburbs might be in Virginia or Maryland, places like Alexandria or Silver Spring, or inside the district like Tenleytown, Logan Circle, or Columbia Heights. Inside D.C., there are almost 700,000 residents, spread out over only 68 square miles – one of the most population-dense areas in the United States!
- Washington D.C. is unique as it is a federal district and doesn’t qualify as a state. If it were, it would have a greater population than Vermont and Wyoming. It would be the smallest state, almost 1,000 square miles smaller than Rhode Island, and would be the most population-dense state – New Jersey currently has 1,263 citizens per square mile, but D.C. would have 10 times that with 11,295 citizens per square mile!
- Home to approximately 180 resident embassies, D.C. has one of the largest embassy populations of any city across the globe!
- The region is full of federal and federally-tied companies, making D.C. and its suburbs one of the strongest economies in the United States. The federal government is far and away the biggest employer in the region – 9 of the top 10 employers are departments of the U.S. government, including the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Navy.
- There are a number of Fortune 500 companies that call Washington D.C. home and are among the highest employers in the region.
- D.C. is also home to global and non-profit organizations, including the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the American Red Cross, Human Rights Watch, the National Geographic Society, and many more!
- While the Smithsonian Institution and the museums that it sponsors are perhaps the most well-known and visible museums in Washington D.C. – and perhaps in America, period – D.C. is home to over 80 museums and historic places covering everything from espionage (the International Spy Museum) to language (Planet Word) to deaf culture and history (National Deaf Life Museum at Gallaudet University.
- Including Gallaudet – the only higher education institution in which all programs and services are specifically designed to accommodate deaf and hard of hearing students – Washington D.C. is home to 19 universities, including American University and Georgetown University.
- In terms of square miles, Washington, D.C., is the smallest city to have all four major sports teams represented. The Washington Commanders, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, and Washington Capitals all call D.C. home!
It’s no wonder Washington, D.C. is one of the most desirable metropolitan areas to live in across the country! Everything it offers, from careers to the opportunity for rural or urban living, to education and the outdoors, makes it a welcoming place for all.
Enclosed Auto Transport to Washington D.C.
Sitting on the Potomac River, not far from the Chesapeake Bay, Washington D.C. gets some curious weather. It’s in the temperate zone, so you get all four seasons – cold winters bring snow, while warm summers bring lots of heat. It’s surprisingly rainy as well – did you know that Washington, D.C., gets more rainy days than Seattle? This diverse weather, plus the storms that can come up the bay and river, is one of the main reasons D.C. residents still prefer sending their vehicle to or through D.C. partnered with a company that is used to preparing for and avoiding weather events. When you opt to send your vehicle via enclosed auto transport, you’ll avoid damage from rain, wind-blown debris in storms, and other curveballs the weather throws out there.
The safest way to transport your car to Washington, D.C., is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages of soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to Washington D.C.
Are you considering using open auto transport for your Washington, D.C., car transport needs? Open carriers are the same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment and arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to Washington D.C.
Since 2003, there has been over $3 billion in capital investment in the region, from expanding federal facilities to international projects. With so many projects, there is high demand for agile construction companies. This means constantly moving equipment and having the know-how to deal with different industrial units, all while navigating the tight D.C. infrastructure. When builders need to have a loader or crane moved, or when site prep crews need to get an excavator or grader to the job site, they want to call the team with experience. They don’t want to tie up their valuable skilled laborers. That’s why construction teams across the district rely on Washington D.C. equipment transport and lowboy shipping experts at Number 1 Auto Transport to ensure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the job site safely.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads and high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to Washington D.C.
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to Washington D.C.” is to show you how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to Washington. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information, including the time and date of pickup, tracking number, and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in Washington, you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from Washington D.C.
Washington D.C. has plenty of need for a reliable car transport service. A busy, growing city, with the many federal departments bringing in workers from across the country and even across the globe, the folks moving to and from Washington, D.C., for school, business, or service often need a transport company to bring their vehicle in. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, money, and time. Whether moving to D.C. to attend university, being stationed there for a stint at Naval District Washington, or coming into town for a four or six-year term, our clients are at ease knowing that the best Washington D.C. car shipping company is here to help.
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for Washington D.C.?
Please email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE QUOTE. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide Washington, D.C., clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to Washington, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.