Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to South Dakota
When you’re looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to South Dakota, you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the South Dakota auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing to working with you through the transport itself, every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make South Dakota car shipping much easier than most folks think it is, even with the wide-open spaces the state offers. Whether you are hauling a paver or grader on a lowboy from one project in Sioux Falls to another; living in Pierre and bringing your luxury car in from Yankton, Watertown or even outside of the state and you want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier or living on the edge of the Black Hills in Rapid City and you need your car transported in an open-air carrier to Brookings, Aberdeen, Mitchell and beyond, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to South Dakota? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
Sparsely populated, with plenty of open space, South Dakota is home to just over 880,000 residents – with a full quarter of them residing in the two largest cities, Sioux Falls and Rapid City. Pierre, the state capital, is home to only 13,000 residents, and is the second-smallest state capital in the country!
- We’ve all seen pictures of South Dakota at one time or another – we all know what Mount Rushmore looks like! This memorial, located in the Black Hills, stands sixty feet tall and brings over two million visitors per year through tiny Keystone, the closest city. It’s a landmark that is perhaps the most recognizable memorial in the country.
- Incredibly scenic, but also featuring a foreboding, fierce landscape, the appropriately named Badlands National Park is the largest National Park in the state. It’s been home to some of the most important fossil finds in the country, including Sue the T. Rex, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex ever skeleton found. Stan, the fifth most complete skeleton of a T. Rex, was found not too far away near Buffalo, South Dakota.
- The World’s Only Corn Palace in Mitchell highlights everything that corn does as the main crop in South Dakota. It plays host to major concerts throughout the year, along with other local and national events – former President Barack Obama even made it a stop on his campaign tour! Every year, the exterior murals are changed to represent a new theme and are made entirely from corn – cobs, husks, corn hair, and more, of all shapes and colors. It’s truly a sight to see!
- Famous residents included Wild Bill Hickok, Wyatt Earp, George Hearst, and Calamity Jane, but plenty of other folks lived – and died – in Deadwood. The quintessential Gold Rush town, it spawned an award-winning semi-fictional portrayal of life in the Wild West, in HBO’s It, continues to be one of the most well-preserved examples of a Gold Rush town and is one of the best examples of “heritage tourism” in the country.
- The annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally sees the town of 6,600 swell to up to 100 times that size for a ten-day event in early August. Recognized almost universally as the granddaddy of motorcycle rallies in the United States, it’s a pilgrimage that every serious biker makes in their lifetime, riding in from as far as Maine, Florida, and California to take part.
- As you can tell, tourism is a massive part of South Dakota’s economy – projected to contribute anywhere from six to seven percent of the state’s economy. It’s not the largest economic contributor though – the service industry, including financial and health care services, is the biggest industry in the state. Thanks to laws that do not limit interest rates, South Dakota was once the center of business for credit card companies, and still has a number that makes their homes there, including Citibank.
- South Dakota was one of the most important states during the Cold War – the open ranges and low population density made it perfect for military installations, including dozens of ICBM silos. While they have been closed now, you can still visit the last remaining Minuteman II ICBM system in the United States. Silos throughout the state have been decommissioned, with some being bought by private owners.
- It’s not just a drug store, it’s an experience. Wall Drug, famed for giving out free ice water in the middle of nowhere, is a sprawling cowboy-themed shopping mall complete with an animatronic Cowboy Orchestra, a jackalope statue out front, and dinosaur sculptures. If you think you’re too cultured for those sorts of things, it also has one of the largest private collections of original Western and Illustration Art in the country, including artists N.C. Wyeth and Harvey Dunn.
South Dakota is certainly a bit quirky, but that just means it has something for anyone. From the outdoorsman to the culture-seeker, to the historian, to the working professional, opportunities abound.
Enclosed Auto Transport to South Dakota
Sitting at the top of Tornado Alley, and not too far removed from Canada, South Dakota can get treated roughly throughout the year. Spring and summer see around 30 tornadoes touch down annually, thankfully doing less damage than most of the states further south have to deal with. Winters bring cold – with the average lows in the January sitting near zero across the state – and severe blizzards and ice storms. When you opt to send your vehicle via Number 1 Auto’s enclosed auto transport trucks when looking for car transport in South Dakota, you’ll avoid damage from rain, wind-blown debris in storms, and other curveballs the weather throws out there. Having your car shipped to South Dakota in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment for your investment.
The safest way to transport your car to South Dakota is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to South Dakota
Thinking about using open auto transport for your South Dakota car transport needs? Open carriers are the exact same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to South Dakota
With such low density and plenty of stretches of wide-open highway, construction can sometimes be a headache, as companies need to move heavy equipment from one end of the state to the other to keep busy. No construction crew likes investing in equipment and time to do this – it’s better for them if they find a team of experts that already has the gear and know-how to haul a dozer to Huron or a paver to Pierre. That’s why construction teams across the Palmetto State rely on South Dakota auto transport experts to make sure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the next site safely – they turn to the South Dakota equipment transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to South Dakota…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to South Dakota” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to South Dakota. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information including the time and date of pickup, tracking number, and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in South Dakota, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from South Dakota
Maybe you’re moving a massive combine from Aberdeen to Vermillion or making the move to Brookings to take a position at South Dakota State University. When you’re making a change, and need to get your vehicle from one place to another without being in it, you need to have the experienced South Dakota auto transport team from Number 1 Auto on your side. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From folks heading into the remote wilds of northern South Dakota to our military members relocating to Ellsworth Air Force Base, our clients are at ease knowing that the best South Dakota car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for South Dakota?
Email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to ship your car to South Dakota. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our South Dakota clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to South Dakota, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.