Cost to Ship a Car from New York to California
Number 1 Auto Transport provides transparent and competitive pricing for shipping cars from New York to California, ensuring a cost-effective and dependable auto transportation solution for your vehicle.
Instant Transport Quote
We offer premium car transport services, to California from New York, with a focus on excellence
How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Car from New York to California
California and New York are on opposite shores of the country, and the lifestyles in both states are pretty well opposites. The chilly skiing in the Adirondacks versus the longboards and skateboards of Venice Beach. Broadway theater versus Hollywood dazzle. The financial and international business in the city that never sleeps, New York City – or the tech magic of Silicon Valley. Sushi and burritos in Cali – maybe even a sushi/burrito fusion if you’re feeling adventurous – or the famous New York pizza and Buffalo Wings. Both states have incredibly multicultural populations and are two of the most popular states to live in!
To make that move, you must navigate that plenty is in between. It’s not a short or easy move to make, given one features ports on the Atlantic while the other has sunny Pacific beaches. That’s why single folks and families who move from one to the other engage in the services of a car shipping company. If you’re moving, how to ship your vehicle to your new home might be one of your primary concerns. That’s where Number One Auto Transport comes in!
California to New York Car Shipping
Making a move between these two states is pretty standard. They are two of the most populous states in the country – combined, and they’re home to nearly 60 million citizens between the two of them, or almost 20% of the entire country’s population! Thousands make a move between New York and California every year. It’s a popular, high-traffic route with the attention of car shipping services nationwide.
These services are ready to take everything from a daily commuter car or SUV to your valuable exotic cars or motorcycles from one state to the other. Coast to coast is over 3000 miles, so contacting an auto transport company is the right choice if you’re moving. Many auto transport companies offer eye-catching offers for people trying to ship their vehicles from one state to another. They will pick up your vehicle and transport it to and from wherever is most convenient for you, whether home to home or from specific pick-up to drop-off points.
Depending on exactly where you’re moving your vehicle to and from and when you are making your move, the cost and time to move your car may vary. It could take 4-7 days to transport your vehicle, or possibly even more if poor weather becomes a factor – with so much road in between, anything from tornados to blizzards may require detours. Even with these auto transport companies having significant carrier pipelines between the two states, you’ll need to book ahead, as spots can go quickly!
New York to California Auto Transport
The distance from New York to California is quite a bit. Even at their closest, there’s a little over 2200 miles of road to travel to get from one to the other. That’s the closest – with California being one of the largest states in the country and New York being a good size, there’s a journey of nearly 3100 miles. That’s a ridiculous haul to do on your own!
You’ll have a lot to think about when making this significant move. Take one of those things off your plate by hiring professionals for this long-distance transfer! Driving your car, truck, or SUV to your new home might sound innovative or efficient, and you might be tempted to drive that. Though many factors go into the trip, you’ll have to consider everything from fuel costs and hotel fares to the time required to drive this distance.
Putting over 2200 miles on your vehicle doesn’t just result in more mileage on the engine; it will end up with a hefty gas bill to power that engine. Projectiles or rocks can cause damage on the road, resulting in paint and body damage. The more miles you put on your vehicle, the more likely you’ll have an accident, so putting these extra miles on your car isn’t a great idea. Why deal with all of this on top of moving hassles? Let the professionals here at Number One Auto Transport do it – paying us to take care of the headaches of auto shipping is better than doing it yourself!
Should I Ship a Car From New York to California in an Open or Enclosed Car Carrier?
Depending on your vehicle, companies will offer various auto shipping services. It’s up to you how you want to send it. The most common way vehicles are shipped in the United States is through open transport. This is the lowest-cost method and has the highest number of regular trips between New York and California. Another great option, particularly for antique, classic, and exotic vehicles, is shipping in an enclosed transport. While more expensive, an enclosed trailer ensures your classic or exotic car is not damaged by wind or debris on the road. No matter which service you choose, or even if you choose a bulk carrier or a one- or two-car carrier, you can rest assured that the chief concern of Number One Auto Transport is getting your cars to your new home without a scratch.
Calculate Your Instant New York to California Car Shipping Quote
After looking at the different types of services you can get from each auto transport company, you might wonder what the cost will be. What car shipping will cost depends on the service category you plan to take. The price also depends on where in the state you are shipping from and where you are sending your vehicle. You can do it within $1,500 if you are doing open carrier shipping, depending on the company you work with. Cost can rise to over twice that if you are using enclosed shipping. Again, pricing depends on when you want to ship it and where you are shipping to and from.
NY to Ca Auto Shipping Cost and Transit Times for California to New York Auto Transport Routes
You may wonder how much it costs to ship a car from California to New York. Depending on different auto transport companies and the size of the carrier, the shipping rate and estimated car shipment time might vary. The approximate fees for auto transport are given below:
- New York, New York to Los Angeles, California is around 2778 miles, and it takes almost 7-10 days to transport your car. The car shipping cost might vary, but it is ultimately within $ 1,500 and $2,500 if you choose an open carrier or enclosed car carrier, respectively.
- San Diego, California, to Buffalo, New York is around 2551 miles; shipping your car takes approximately 7-10 days. It will cost about $2,750 if you use the enclosed carrier and $1,750 if you use the open carrier for car shipping.
- Rochester to Sacramento, California, is another famous shipping destination, around 2627 miles. It takes 7-10 days for a larger vehicle to ship to the final destination. It costs around $1,500 to $2,675, which can vary depending on your model and date of transport.
- Syracuse to San Francisco is a massive 2800 miles, and your car will be shipped within 10-12 days. It costs around $1,650 to $2,750 for car shipping.
- Schenectady, New York, to Long Beach, California, costs around $1,575 to $2,375, depending on the service and car model. The distance you are getting your car shipped is around 2850 miles, and it may take 7-10 days to ship your vehicle.
- Bakersfield, California, to Albany, New York, is around 2830 miles, and it will take 7-10 days to ship your car. The cost of shipping your vehicle can be about $1,750 to $2,800 if you are looking for the best transportation company to ship your vehicle.
Should I Drive or Ship My Car From New York to California?
With these time ranges and costs, you might wonder if it would be better to ship the car yourself. Well, it might be a little cheaper, but there are some hidden costs. The average out-of-pocket cost of moving your vehicle to your new home could be well over $1,000. This comes from everything that goes into the trip – you must calculate hotel, gas, food costs, and wear and tear. That’s hard to put a price on. This is why professional car shipping companies are a better choice. You can get a plane ticket, be at your new home within a few hours, and wait for your car to reach your destination. Let Number One Auto Transport do the job rather than yourself, and know that your car, truck, SUV, RV, or motorcycle is in good hands!
How much does it cost to ship a car from New York to California?
Wondering about the expenses associated with transporting your car from New York to California? Here’s a breakdown of key factors influencing your California car shipping rate:
- Distance: The longer the journey, the higher the cost. Expect this to be the primary factor in determining your quote.
- Locations: Where you’re shipping from and to plays a role. Specific city traffic, distance from major highways, and pickup/drop-off ease can impact pricing.
- Trailer Type: Opt for open-air transport for a more budget-friendly option, or choose enclosed trailers for extra protection at a higher cost.
- Vehicle Details: The size and weight of your car are two factors that can influence the auto transport rate.
- Seasonality: Demand for car shipping fluctuates throughout the year. Busier seasons may lead to slightly higher prices depending on the route.
Get an Accurate New York to California Auto Transport Rate:
For the most precise car shipping rate, provide us with the following details:
- Your car’s type and details
- Origin and destination cities
- Flexible shipping dates (if possible)
- Preferred trailer type (open or enclosed)
With this information, you’ll receive a personalized car shipping rate tailored to your specific needs.