How Much Does Car Shipping Cost?
When we are more connected with the world in today’s age than ever, it is becoming increasingly common to find the need to move items, such as vehicles, long distances. Whether you have purchased a new truck online or are planning to relocate to a new home, you will quickly discover that getting your vehicle to its destination can become costly. Aside from fuel, you also have to consider maintenance. Shipping a car can be expensive, but you can find an auto transport quote that will best meet your budget when you do your homework ahead of time.
Several factors are essential in deciding the cost of transporting vehicles door to door or terminal to terminal. The prices may vary significantly depending on the type of vehicle, location of origin or destination, distance, seasonal fluctuations, and transportation type. Moreover, several car transportation methods include professional car shipping trucks, mainly open and enclosed carriers.
What Are Some Car Shipping Cost Variables?
- Location: A more extensive supply of cars for a carrier to load in the major cities than in the smaller remote towns. If a car transport carrier has to drive from a major city to a smaller one to load your car, it will cost you a bit more. This is because the carrier will now have to spend more money on gas.
- Vehicle Size: The bigger, taller, or heavier the vehicle is, the more it will cost to ship. Car carriers can only transport a certain amount of weight; if your car is heavy, the carrier can lose a spot. Also, if a vehicle is too tall or long, it would affect the transport carrier.
- Time of the year (snowbird season): The customers most affected during the winter/summer months are those shipping their cars (North/South or East/West) to and from their summer homes. This is all based on supply and demand. For example, as we get closer to the winter season between Sep-Nov, there are 10x more cars being transported from the North to the South or East to West than cars being shipped back up North or East. There’s a more extensive supply of vehicles that need to be shipped than the number of auto transporters on the road. The exact route in reverse can be as much as $250-$400 less.
Exploring Your Car Shipping Cost Options
Unlike just a few short decades ago, you are no longer limited to getting quotes over the phone or in person. Those methods are time-consuming and often challenging. Now, with a quick online search, you can access dozens of quotes from reputable shippers in just moments.
When you receive a quote, you can dictate your vehicle’s specifications, and you will quickly get a good idea of what to expect. The key is to take advantage of the fact that the car shipping industry is competitive. Dedicate a few hours to explore several options. You will likely see price trends to help you make the best choice.
Car Shipping Cost Tips
- Make sure you consider the company’s business reputation you choose and check the reviews or testimonials they have from previous customers. Also, ask about their insurance policies, other schemes, and discounts.
- Question the pricing or check with other car transport service providers if you think you are being charged heavily for an inoperable vehicle.
- Enclosed transport offers a high service value, but open transportation is more budget-friendly if your vehicle is not a luxury or classic.
- If you have the flexibility, meet the carrier at a central place if you live in a hard-to-access area.
- In peak seasons, carriers prioritize certain pickups, which may be challenging for you. So to avoid unnecessary car shipping cost spikes and availability challenges, keep track of the seasons.
- Lastly, do not settle for your car shipping service’s cheapest cost or if it seems too good to be true. Sometimes the highest quoted price also does not qualify concerning the benefits you get. So ensure you are getting what you pay for.
Car Shipping Costs that Meet Your Needs
Here at Number 1 Auto Transport Group, we aim to help you understand car shipping costs. We are here to help you get the most out of the price and service you deserve regarding an asset as valuable as your vehicle. We are one of the best car shipping companies with 75 years of experience transporting all vehicles safely, securely, and with speedy door-to-door service.
Thousands of vehicles are being shipped each day. A majority of them arrive at their destinations without any surprise. Choosing a reputable car shipping company can expect full coverage, affordability, and excellent service. Want to know the cost of shipping a car precisely? Contact Number 1 Auto Transport at 855-422-4141 or fill out the form on this page to get a free quote.
Car Shipping Cost Price Chart – These are rough estimates and not final.
|Seattle, WA, to Charlotte, NC||$1,300||2,795|
|New York, NY to Los Angeles, CA||$1,350||2,789|
|Miami, FL, to San Francisco, CA||$1,250||3,113|
|Jersey City, NJ to Dallas, TX||$975||1,545|
|New York, NY to Dallas, TX||$1,175||1,547|
|New York, NY to Miami, Fl||$950||1,285|
|Baltimore, MD to Phoenix, AZ||$1,100||2,277|
|Atlanta, GA, to Tucson, AZ||$975||1,733|
|Portland, OR to Washington, DC||$1,350||2,806|
|Nashville, TN to Albuquerque, NM||$1,075||1,220|
|Austin, TX to Miami, FL||$700||1,350|
|Memphis, TN to Denver, CO||$925||1,047|
|Orlando, FL to Chicago, IL||$975||1,154|
|Boise, ID to Houston, TX||$1,275||1,814|
|Philadelphia, PA to Sacramento, CA||$1,275||2,784|
|Saint Louis, MO to Trenton, NJ||$750||906|
|Saint Louis, MO to New York, NY||$975||953|
|Boston, MA, to Salt Lake City, UT||$1,350||2,364|
|Las Vegas, NV to Detroit, MI||$1,150||2,012|
|Milwaukee, WI to New Orleans, LA||$1,075||1,015|
|Chicago, IL to Phoenix, AZ||$975||1,754|
|Chicago, IL to Houston, TX||$800||1,082|
|Austin, TX, to San Jose, CA||$875||1,716|
|San Antonio, TX to San Diego, CA||$825||1,7176|
|Boston, MA to Baltimore, MD||$550||404|