How Much Does Car Shipping Cost?
Several factors are essential in deciding the cost of transporting vehicles door to door or terminal to terminal. The costs may vary significantly depending on the type of vehicle, location of origin or destination, distance, seasonal fluctuations, and transportation type. Moreover, several car transportation methods include professional car shipping trucks, mainly Open vs. Enclosed car shipping trucks.
How Much To Ship A Car?
Everything aside, what can be the approximate cost of shipping a car in the US? Below are some examples of what can affect your car shipping cost.
What Are Some Car Shipping Cost Variables?
There are a few variables that go into the car shipping cost:
- Location: There is a bigger supply of cars for an auto transport carrier to load in the major cities than in the smaller remote towns. If a car transport carrier has to drive from a major city to a smaller one to load your car, it will cost you a bit more. This is because the auto transport carrier will now have to spend more money on gas.
- Vehicle Size: The bigger, taller, or heavier the vehicle is, the more it will cost to ship. Car carriers can only transport a certain amount of weight; if your car is heavy, the carrier can lose a spot. Also, if a vehicle is too tall or long, it would affect the car transport service carrier.
- Time of the year (snowbird season): The customers most affected during the winter/summer months are those shipping their cars (North/South or East/West) to and from their summer homes. This is all based on supply and demand. For example, as we get closer to the winter season between Sep-Nov, there are 10x more cars being transported from the North to the South or East to West than cars being shipped back up North or East. There’s a bigger supply of cars that need to be shipped than the number of auto transporters on the road. The same route in reverse can be as much as $250-$400 less.
Why Do People Ship Cars?
There are so many reasons why people get their vehicles shipped. Relocation is the primary one. Next is when the cars are sold out of state. In fact, cars that do not work also require shipping. And some people plan to save the mileage of their vintage or luxury vehicles, so they also prefer going for a car shipping service.
Exploring Your Car Shipping Cost Options
Unlike just a few short decades ago, you are no longer limited to getting quotes over the phone or in person. Those methods are time-consuming and often challenging. Now, with just a quick online search, you can access dozens of quotes from reputable shippers in just moments.
So, just how much does it cost to ship a car? When you receive a quote, you can dictate your vehicle’s specifications, and you will quickly get a good idea of what to expect. The key is to take advantage of the fact that the car shipping industry is competitive. Dedicate a few hours to explore several options. You will likely see price trends to help you make the best choice.
Car Shipping Cost Tips
- Make sure you consider the company’s business reputation you choose and check the reviews or testimonials they have from previous customers. Also, ask about their insurance policies, other schemes, and discounts.
- Question the pricing or check with other car transport service providers if you think you are being charged heavily for an inoperable vehicle.
- Enclosed transport offers a high service value, but open transportation is more budget-friendly if your vehicle is not a luxury or classic type.
- If you have the flexibility, meet the carrier at a central place if you live in a hard-to-access area.
- In peak seasons, carriers prioritize certain pickups, which may be challenging for you. So to avoid unnecessary car shipping cost spikes and availability challenges, keep track of the seasons.
- Lastly, do not settle for your car shipping service’s cheapest cost or if it seems too good to be true. Sometimes the highest quoted price also does not qualify concerning the services you get. So ensure you are getting what you pay for.
Car Shipping Costs that Meet Your Needs
Let’s face it. Many car shippers choose from, and it can be difficult to pinpoint the best offer. Here at Number 1 Auto Transport Group, we aim to help you understand car shipping costs. We are here to help you get the most out of the cost and service you deserve regarding an asset as valuable as your vehicle. We are one of the best car shipping companies with 75 years of experience transporting all vehicles safely, securely, and with speedy door-to-door service.
Thousands of vehicles are being shipped each day. A majority of them arrive at their destinations without any surprise. Choosing a reputable car shipping company can expect full coverage, affordability, and excellent service. Want to know the cost of shipping a car precisely? Feel free to contact Number 1 Auto Transport right away at 855-422-4141 to get your Free Car Shipping Quote.
Car Shipping Cost Price Chart – These are rough estimates and not final.
|Seattle, WA to Charlotte, NC||$1,300||2,795|
|New York, NY to Los Angeles, CA||$1,350||2,789|
|Miami, FL to San Francisco, CA||$1,250||3,113|
|Jersey City, NJ to Dallas, TX||$975||1,545|
|New York, NY to Dallas, TX||$1,175||1,547|
|New York, NY to Miami, Fl||$950||1,285|
|Baltimore, MD to Phoenix, AZ||$1,100||2,277|
|Atlanta, GA to Tucson, AZ||$975||1,733|
|Portland, OR to Washington, DC||$1,350||2,806|
|Nashville, TN to Albuquerque, NM||$1,075||1,220|
|Austin, TX to Miami, FL||$700||1,350|
|Memphis, TN to Denver, CO||$925||1,047|
|Orlando, FL to Chicago, IL||$975||1,154|
|Boise, ID to Houston, TX||$1,275||1,814|
|Philadelphia, PA to Sacramento, CA||$1,275||2,784|
|Saint Louis, MO to Trenton, NJ||$750||906|
|Saint Louis, MO to New York, NY||$975||953|
|Boston, MA to Salt Lake City, UT||$1,350||2,364|
|Las Vegas, NV to Detroit, MI||$1,150||2,012|
|Milwaukee, WI to New Orleans, LA||$1,075||1,015|
|Chicago, IL to Phoenix, AZ||$975||1,754|
|Chicago, IL to Houston, TX||$800||1,082|
|Austin, TX to San Jose, CA||$875||1,716|
|San Antonio, TX to San Diego, CA||$825||1,7176|
|Boston, MA to Baltimore, MD||$550||404|