Motorcycle Shipping & Transport Made Easy With Number 1 Auto Transport
Number 1 Auto Transport is the best for motorcycle shipping services. At Number 1 Auto Transport, we call it our special “Varoom, Varoom” service. The sound of a motorcycle makes us think of the freedom of the open road. It’s a sound close to the hearts of a special breed of people who love their motorcycles more than any 4-wheel vehicle, rain or shine.
Whether you have a top-of-the-line Harley-Davidson for highway driving or a Suzuki TU250X for easy maneuverability in the city, you’re now beginning to worry about which motorcycle transport company is best to use for your motorcycle shipping need.
With over three decades of 5-star reputation, Number 1 Auto Transport can promise your motorcycle transport will be safe.
Why Should I Ship My Motorcycle?
Motorcycle owners love riding on weekend countryside rides, twisting roads, or marathon cross-country rides to Bike Weeks.
But when a rider moves, sometimes riding isn’t the best choice. Other vehicles may need to be driven and packed with your belongings. Maybe the owners need to be in the moving trucks. Or, maybe you’re moving in the wintertime and don’t want your hands to freeze to the handlebars. If you’re moving thousands of miles, you may not want to stop for gas every 100 miles.
Even hardened riders who are getting on in years turn to Number 1 Auto Transport to ship their bike to Daytona Bike Week or the rally in Sturgis! Not everyone can handle hundreds or thousands of miles in the seat, so we often help ship to drop-off points just outside the areas so owners can pick up their motorcycles and ride into town.
There are several reasons to ship your motorcycle. It’s a convenient way to cover hundreds or thousands of miles while eliminating potential damage to your bike. But having an experienced motorcycle transport team like Number 1 Auto handling the process is the best choice for you!
Enclosed Motorcycle Transport Services
The safest way to transport your motorcycle is within an enclosed motorcycle transport carrier. The hard sides protect your bike’s detailing, leather seats, and body from damage or breakage from outside factors. Crated in an enclosed motorcycle transport carrier, strapped to a custom pallet, and properly separated from other bikes, your motorcycle will be shipped and delivered safely to your destination.
For example, we offer two options for motorcycle shipping via enclosed transport:
Soft-Sided Enclosed Motorcycle Transport – The carrier’s heavy canvas protects your motorcycle from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements.
Hard-Sided Enclosed Motorcycle Transport – The hard-sided carriers offer your motorcycle protection if your bike is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Motorcycle Transport Services
Are you considering using an open transport service to ship your Harley? Open carriers are the same double-decker carriers your dealer uses. Furthermore, your motorcycle transport will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, arriving at its destination within seven days. Finally, open transport is a secure way of shipping – your motorcycle will have protection from road vibrations and jolts.
The Best Motorcycle Shipping Insurance in the Industry
Even when Number 1 Auto Transport does everything correctly, preparing your bike and shipping it — unforeseen circumstances can happen. We provide exceptional motorcycle shipping insurance to get your bike back in mint condition and get you back on the road.
What Factors Affect Our Motorcycle Shipping Rates?
- Distance – The greater the distance, the higher the motorcycle shipping cost. However, there are major exceptions. Suppose we ship your bike to a destination on a popular shipping route, like a city along Interstate 95 between New York and Florida. You may enjoy surprisingly low shipping costs because your bike travels in a fully loaded carrier. It’s more expensive for our customers and us to put a partially loaded truck on the road.
- Off the Beaten Path –Another factor that will increase motorcycle transport costs is if your destination is not on a main interstate route. There are the added expenses of leaving the interstate and traveling to an out-of-the-way destination.
- Bike Style – Some motorcycles have unique frames that prevent us from strapping them to our motorcycle transport carrier. Instead, they must be mounted and supported on special cradles to avoid scratches or damage.
- Bike Weight – We need to know the weight of your bike, too, to give you an accurate quote. We’ve heard stories of some motorcycle transporters giving you a quote without considering the bike’s weight, Then telling you the motorcycle transport cost is higher than you expected when you come to pick it up.
How Long Will It Take to Ship My Motorcycle?
Like with all vehicle transport, motorcycle transport time can be affected by several factors. Distance is the prime contributor, but others can include:
- Time of Year: Some times are busier than others and may have decreased availability, particularly rallies, and events. You’ll need to schedule earlier and possibly build more time into your transport schedule than initially planned.
- Weather: Our drivers recognize that the safety of your motorcycle is first and foremost in shipping and will go to lengths to protect it. Sometimes, this could mean slowing down, detouring, or even stopping the transport so bad weather can pass. Shipping a motorcycle to areas where poor weather is more common or in seasons where snow and ice are a worry can add time to transport.
- Ease of Access: As with any vehicle, motorcycle transport to remote areas will take longer than a terminal, city, or major route transfer. Back roads and tight country lanes can add a day or more to the transport, even if it is only a few miles from the nearest easy drop point. At Number 1 Auto Transport, we’ll work with you to find a timely and convenient solution.
So, reach out to our team at Number 1 Auto Transport, and we’ll work with you to figure out a schedule for your upcoming motorcycle transport needs!
How Do I Prepare my Motorcycle for Shipping?
Before our motorcycle moving team arrives for pick-up, you should get your motorcycle ready for transport.
First, check your motorcycle for pre-existing damage, and document it. Clean your bike, note any chips, dings, scratches, or other cosmetic damages, and take pictures of your bike along with detailed shots of existing damage. Your motorcycle delivery driver will also conduct an inspection when they come to pick it up, so you can compare notes and have documentation of your bike’s condition.
Remove all loose items, including accessories, from your motorcycle. Like when you ride it, these could be jarred loose through the move, lost or damaged, and are not covered by insurance.
Finally, prep your bike to ensure it is in good workable condition. It may need to be driven into the trailer, and you’ll want to ensure you can drive it away when it is dropped off. We recommend that you:
- Make sure the tires are properly inflated.
- Charge the battery
- Check and fix all fluid leaks, and ensure fluids are at the right levels.
- Fill your fuel tank to about halfway.
Following these steps and pointers will help ensure that your motorcycle transport with Number 1 Auto Transport goes smoothly.
Get a Free Motorcycle Shipping Quote.
Call us at 855-422-4141 or fill out a form for a Free Motorcycle Shipping Quote. We aim to provide our motorcycle clients the best shipping service at the most reasonable rates. Check out our many 5-Star auto transport reviews.
Lastly, Number 1 Auto Transport is insured! In the unlikely event, your bike suffers damage during its motorcycle transport. We have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.