Number 1 Auto Transport is one of the nation’s best car and auto transport service companies around. We ship many types of vehicles—cars, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and boats—as well as heavy equipment. Our full range of first-class auto transport services will ensure that you receive timely door-to-door auto transport service for the complete shipping of your vehicle. Due to our being a car transport services industry leader, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and consistently earn 5-star ratings on Transportreviews.com, Google, and Facebook.
Why We are Your Car Transport Service Experts
Do you feel that a car transport services company will damage your car? Unsure of how dependable an auto transport service company can be? Still, think the car shipping services industry is unsafe? Well, you can gain peace of mind by dealing with the car transport service experts at Number 1 Auto Transport for all your car transport service needs. Here’s a startling fact… Every month, over 150,000 customers utilize a reputable car transport company. At Number 1 Auto Transport, we strive to ensure all of our customers are fully satisfied, this is due to the dedication our staff takes to make sure no issues occur in your auto transport service process.
Over the years, we’ve learned which car transport service routes are the most efficient and cost-effective. As a result, we are able to offer you the lowest price for the auto transport of all types of cars, motorcycles, and heavy equipment. Read more about our nationwide car and auto transport services, and see why Number 1 Auto Transport is consistently one of the best car and auto transport service companies around.
How Our Car Shipping Service Can Benefit You?
Did you know driving your car is more dangerous than using a car shipping service? However, what many people don’t understand is just how regulated the auto transport services industry is. From the free quote you receive to the auto transport and delivery of the vehicle, we have lots of rules and car transport regulations to follow. The biggest benefit is that your automobile will be transported safely to its destination. Whether you need a corporate relocation car shipping service, military car transport service, heavy equipment transport service or just one of our regular car shipping services; Number 1 Auto Transport is your go-to for all your car shipping service needs.
What Separates Number 1 Auto Transport from Other Car Transport Companies
There are many reasons that separate us from other car and auto transport service companies. For starters, we help save you money by offering low competitive auto transport service rates. We help save you valuable time from personally having to drive your car. Our drivers have an excellent track record for vehicles arriving safely to their destination. Plus, we have a great reputation for providing the best customer service around. With over 10 years of experience; 30,000 cars shipped; and millions of miles of coast-to-coast auto transport experience, our high-quality car transport services are renowned across the United States. Every Number 1 Auto Transport driver is vetted, has a clean driving record, and is in good standing with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT). This is why Number 1 Auto Transport has one of the lowest damage records in the car transport industry.
It is becoming a lot more common to transport a car from one state to another. Whether you are moving out of state or going away for college, knowing how the car transport process works are very essential. At Number 1 Auto Transport, we have simplified the car shipping service process and made it easy than ever to transport your car. Below are some steps you need to know in order to ship a car with Number 1 Auto Transport.
How Long Will The Car Transport Process take?
The estimated time frame below does NOT include the 1-3 or 3-5-day window needed to pick up a car.
- Auto transport turnaround time for a destination under 1,000 miles is estimated at 2-3 days.
- 1,000-1,750 miles: estimated car transport process time is 4-6 days.
- 1,750-2,500: the auto transport process time is estimated at 7-10 days.
- 2,500+: the car transport time is estimated 10-14 days.
Should I Ship My Car On An Open Car Transport Carrier or Enclosed Auto Transport Carrier (Covered Car Carrier)?
Shipping your car on an open car transport carrier will be the cheapest way to ship your car, but your vehicle will be exposed to weather and any debris that may fly in the path of the truck. If you are interested in shipping an exotic car, classic car, or just on all-around meticulous car owner, the enclosed auto transport car carriers come with high insurance coverage and will protect your car if bad weather should occur during the auto transport service process.
When Will I Know When My Car Will Be Picked Up or Delivered?
You will receive the car shipping service carriers contact information once it has been assigned to a truck. Then, the dispatcher or carrier will call you no more than 24hrs in advance to schedule a pickup or delivery time.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship a Car?
There are a few variables that go into pricing a full car transport service.
- Location: There is a bigger supply of cars for an auto transport service carrier to load in the major cities than in the smaller remote towns. If a car transport service carrier has to drive from a major city to a smaller one to load your car, then it will end up costing you a bit more. This is due to the fact the car transporter will now have to spend more money on gas.
- Vehicle Size: The bigger, taller, or heavier the vehicle is, the more it will cost to ship. Car carriers can only transport a certain amount of weight, and if your car is heavy, then the carrier can lose a spot due to that. Also, if a vehicle is too tall, or long, then it would have the same effect on the car transport service carrier.
- Time of the year (snowbird season): The type of customers that are most affected during the winter/summer months are the ones that are shipping their cars (North/South or East/West) to and from their summer home. This is all based on supply and demand. For example, as we get closer to the winter season between Sep-Nov, there are 10x more cars being transported from the North to the South or East to West than cars being shipped back up North or East. There’s a bigger supply of cars that need to be shipped than the number of auto transporters on the road. The same route in reverse can be as much as $250-$400 less.
When Do I Pay For The Car Shipping Service?
There are many different payment options depending on the type of customer. For most individual customers, once the vehicle has been loaded on the car transport service carrier, a small percentage of the total amount will be charged on Credit/Debit card. Then, the remaining balance will be due once the vehicle has been delivered. For corporate accounts for ex: dealership, an invoice will be submitted once the car has been delivered, and payment can be submitted by check, ACH-wire, or credit card.
Do I Need to Prepare my Car for the Auto Transport Process?
- Consider cleaning your car before shipping. A clean car will make it easier to spot chips, dings, dents, scratches and other cosmetic damages.
- Check your gas tank before transporting your car. You should have no more than ¼ of gas left to cut down on overall car weight.
- Remove any toll tags from your car or windshield. It is very possible your tag will be charged when the car passes the tolls while being shipped on the truck.
Inspect the Vehicle with the Car Transport Service Carrier
When the car transport service carrier arrives to load the car, you will inspect the vehicle together. The driver will mark any scathes, dents, or damages he might see on the inspection report. It is also advised to take as many pictures as possible to document the condition of the car before its loaded. Once the vehicle arrives at its destination, you will begin the inspection process again as was done at the pickup location. If you see any damages that were not marked while loading, you must mark it on the inspection report as this is the only proof that can be submitted for an insurance claim.