PCS Military Car Shipping Services with Number 1 Auto Transport
Whether moving around for training, being rehoused at a new base, transitioning to a new unit, being deployed, or moving into the lifer ranks as an instructor, there’s always a reason that Uncle Sam will find to uproot you to a new base! Shipping to and from military bases isn’t as simple as moving from one home to another or from a port to a dealership. There are restrictions, paperwork, and much more to deal with when accessing some of the most protected areas in the United States.
So why deal with all this pressure on top of your HHG, the new orders, and the other headaches that might come with a change of station? Just let the professionals do it. In these long-distance transfers, shipping your Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) to your new home is a significant concern. Using a company like Number One Auto Transport, which has over ten years of shipping cars for military personnel, can be much easier.
Have You Received a Permanent Change of Station (PCS Order) And Need Your Car Shipped?
First, Number 1 Auto Transport is a proud supporter of the brave men and women soldiers who fight hard to protect our country. Because of this, we offer a discount to any military member who has received a PCS order and needs a POV shipped. We understand that military members frequently must move from one location to another without notice. For this reason, we strive to provide the best military car shipping services to all our military members and families.
Second, our military car shipping services are geared to relieve the stress of moving your vehicle. We have over ten years of experience working with military members, and our staff has the knowledge you can trust when shipping your vehicle. It doesn’t matter if you are moving to San Diego, Camp Lejeune, Parris Island, or Annapolis. We have reliable military car transport carriers who will treat your car like it’s their own. We have an outstanding customer service rating from the Better Business Bureau and numerous top ratings and reviews on Google, Yelp, and Transport Reviews.
Base to Base PCS Auto Transport
Using a military car shipping service is a regular thing for folks making a big move. Whether they are civilians making a job move from Texas to California or an Air Force soldier moving from Dover AFB across the country to Beale or Travis, they need a hand moving their vehicle across the country. It can be even more demanding if they have dependents and another family, with multiple cars and households of personal items!
The distance between bases can be thousands of miles. While the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Coast Guard may be moving your household goods to your next base, you – and possibly your dependents – will need to get your POV there yourself. If you’ve got particular belongings that you don’t entrust to the government’s Transportation Service Provider (TSP), you might even have a moving truck to look after. Not everyone trusts the TSP, and let’s face it; you’ll also need some personal goods during the move. Even when you get to the next stop, it can take days for the TSP to get your goods to the right house, and you might need some of that clothing or home goods while you’re still waiting.
Let the professionals do this transport, whether long-distance or just a few states over, will be easier. Transporting your car from one base to another is easy because many families use a car transport service company to move their vehicles when given a PCS.
Open or Enclosed Transport
Depending on your need, different companies provide different types of military car shipping services. You can ship your vehicle using open transport or choose an enclosed transport. If you are looking for a low-cost transport option, an open carrier is your best car transport option.
But let’s face it; troops love their toys. In some cases, those toys are high-end exotic or high-performance vehicles. Plenty of them enjoy motorcycles, utility vehicles, ATVs, dirt bikes, and even a golf cart here and there! In that case, you might want to do the transport using an enclosed carrier. An enclosed trailer will ensure your classic car is not damaged by the wind or the moving particles on the road. It is also easier to transport smaller vehicles, thanks to the ability to palletize and tie down smaller vehicles versus the one-size-fits-all loading process of open carriers.
Still, an open carrier provides the right blend of care and cost-efficiency for the daily driver. Open carrier shipping is a standard shipping process too. Most car owners also like to transport their vehicles using the open carrier. It’s a reliable way to go, no matter what new Port or Fort you’re bound for.
Calculate Your Station-to-Station PCS Car Shipping Cost
When transporting, the good news is that if you’re moving, there’s a good chance others in your unit are moving too! Soldiers are constantly doing vehicle transports to different areas in masse. But ultimately, there are some familiar places where people tend to transport their cars all year round. You may wonder how much it costs to ship a vehicle. The cost will depend on the service category you plan to take. The cost also depends on the nation-state where you are sending your car. Depending on the size of the auto train, the shipping rate and estimated car shipment time might vary. Don’t worry – we do the math for you to find overall shipping costs without much problem.
Here are some common base-to-base costs and transit times below:
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, to Fort Drum, New York, is around 2,839 miles, and it takes almost 7-10 days to transport your car. The car shipping cost might vary, but it is ultimately between $1,550 and $2,350 if you choose an open or enclosed car carrier.
- Fort Rucker, Alabama, to Fort Eustis, Virginia is around 800 miles; shipping your car takes approximately 2-4 days. It will cost about $950 if you use the open carrier and $1,350 if you use the enclosed transport for car shipping.
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, to Andrews AFB, Maryland, is another famous shipping destination, around 1,676 miles. It takes 3-5 days for a larger vehicle to ship to the final destination and costs around $1,050 to $1,950; however, it can vary depending on your model and date of transport.
- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey, to Nellis AFB, Nevada, is around 2,531 miles, and we will ship your car within 7-10 days. It costs around $1,450 to $2,450 for car shipping.
- Camp Pendleton, California, to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, costs around $1,650 to $2,250, depending on the service and car model. The distance you are getting your car shipped is around 2645 miles, and it may take 7-10 days to ship your vehicle.
- Sub Base New London, Connecticut, to Norfolk Naval Station, Virginia, is around 490 miles. It only takes 2-3 days to ship your car. The cost of shipping your vehicle can be about $650 to $1050.
- Fort Hood, Texas, to Fort Bragg, North Carolina, is around 1,288 miles. It only takes 2-4 days to ship your car. The cost of shipping your vehicle can be about $850 to $1,250.
Contact Us & Ask About Our Active and Veteran Military Discount
Finally, we salute you for your selfless service to our country and for making us safer. When you need a vehicle shipped, call Number 1 Auto Transport and receive a $50 discount off any of our car shipping services. Call us at 855-422-4141 or request a free car shipping quote today. Check out our terms & conditions for more information.