Motorcycle Shipping & Transport Made Easy With Number 1 Auto Transport
At Number 1 Auto Transport, we call it our special “Varoom, Varoom” service. The sound of a motorcycle makes us think of the freedom of the open road. And, the special kind of people who love their motorcycles more than any kind of 4-wheel vehicle, rain or shine.
Whether you have a top-of-the-line Harley-Davidson for highway driving or a Suzuki TU250X for easy maneuverability in the city, you’re now beginning to worry about which transport company is best to use for shipping your motorcycle.
With over three decades of 5-star reputation, Number 1 Auto Transport can promise your motorcycle will be safe.
Safe Motorcycle Shipping Method
We highly recommend that you allow us to ship your motorcycle in an enclosed motorcyle shipping carrier. This protects your bike’s detailing, leather seats, and body from damage or breakage resulting from outside factors like a rock or other debris, and rain, sleet, or snow.
Crated in an enclosed carrier, strapped to a customer palette, properly separated from other bikes, yours will be delivered safely to your destination, on-time for important bike rallies and events.
The Best Motorcycle Insurance in the Industry
Even when Number 1 Auto Transport does everything correctly in preparing your bike and shipping it — unforeseen circumstances can happen. We provide exceptional motorcycle insurance to get your bike back in mint condition, and get you back on the road.
What Factors Affect Motorcycle Shipping Rates?
- Distance – In general, the greater the distance, the higher the shipping cost. However, there are major exceptions. If we ship your bike to a destination on a popular shipping route like a city along Interstate 95 between New York and Florida, you may enjoy surprisingly low shipping costs because your bike is traveling in a fully loaded carrier. It’s more expensive for us and our customers when we have to put a partially loaded truck on the road.
- Off the Beaten Path – Another factor that will increase the cost is if your destination is not located on a main interstate route. There are the added expenses of leaving the interstate and traveling to an out-of-the-way destination.
- Bike Style – Some bikes have unique frames that prevent us from simply strapping them to our carrier. Instead, they need to be mounted and supported on special cradles to avoid any scratches or damages along the way.
- Bike Weight – We need to know the weight of your bike, too, in order to give you an accurate quote. We’ve heard stories of some carriers giving you a quote without considering the weight of the bike, Then, telling you the transport cost is higher than you expected when you come to pick it up.
Enclosed Motorcycle Shipping & Transport Services
The safest way to transport your motorcycle is within an enclosed motorcycle shipping & transport service. There are two options for shipping your motorcycle via enclosed transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Motorcycle Shipping & Transport Service – The heavy canvas covering the carrier protects your motorcycle from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Motorcycle Shipping & Transport Service – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your motorcycle in the unlikely event your bike is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Motorcycle Shipping & Transport Services
Thinking about using an open motorcycle shipping & transport service for shipping your Harley? Open carriers are the same double-decker carriers your dealer uses. Furthermore, your motorcycle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, arriving at its destination within seven days of departure. Open motorcycle shipping & transport is a secure way of shipping your vehicle – your motorcycle will have protection from road vibration and any other type of jolts on the road.