Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to New York
When you’re looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to New York, look no further. Number 1 Auto Transport is the New York auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service, from providing transparent quotes and pricing to working with you through the transport itself. Every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability. Also, we hold our contracted drivers to high standards. This helps make our New York car shipping much easier, even with the wide-open spaces the state offers. Whether you’re hauling a dozer or skid loader on a lowboy from one project in New York City to another. Living in Buffalo and bringing your luxury car in from Yonkers or Mount Vernon or even outside the state. You want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier or living outside Albany. You need your car transported in an open-air carrier to Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, and beyond. Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to New York? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
New York. The minute you say those words, everyone thinks of the city. And it’s no wonder – it’s the largest city in America, the most densely populated city in the country, the world’s most economically powerful city, and arguably the center for culture, finance, and media in all the English-speaking countries, if not the globe. The city is home to over 8 million people, nearly half the state population, all inside of 302.6 square miles… or roughly .5% of the total area of New York State. It’s no wonder it gets all the attention.
There’s so much more to New York outside of the city, though. It is a state with diverse regions, such as the hardy lakefront, snow-covered cities in Buffalo and Syracuse. Or the extensive parks stretching across the interior and the wine region of the Hudson Valley. It ranges from rural farming areas to blue-collar towns and cities recovering from big steel’s fall to the Big Apple.
So what does New York have that makes the state as a whole such a big draw?
- “Forever wild” thanks to a declaration of Congress in 1894, Adirondack Park is massive in the northern New York state. Also, it’s the oldest state preserve of its type in the country. At 9,375 square miles, it is larger than the state of Vermont. It is larger than Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Glacier, and Olympic National Parks… combined.
- Just outside of Poughkeepsie, the Catskills are New York’s second large national park area and home to the Shawangunk Mountains. These are considered some of the most challenging and rewarding mountains for rock climbers in the country.
- Chosen as the “Most Fun” Town in America, Corning is often known by a different nickname – America’s Crystal City. It has historically been the leader in all things glass, from making some of the first light bulbs for Thomas Edison to Corningware’s development and its recognizable light blue. “Cornflower” decoration, modern Gorilla Glass, and fiber optics; Corning is at the center of it all. Check out the yearly GlassFest, or the glass museum open year-round!
- Oneida is also home to Cross Island Chapel – “The World’s Smallest Church.” Only 28 square feet, it has room for two and takes up the entirety of tiny Cross Island, in the center of a pond,
- You don’t order Buffalo Wings in Buffalo. They call them “wings” there. They still argue about who invented them too – was it the Anchor Bar, or Duff’s Famous, or John Young? Either way, try them out, or another Buffalo original, Beef on Weck. Wash it down with one of the many craft brews from Buffalo’s burgeoning craft scene.
Enclosed Auto Transport to New York
New York gets it from both sides when it comes to weather. From the tip of Long Island into the Hudson Valley, the southeastern part of the state can often bear the brunt of nor’easters working their way down the coast. Sometimes it can get the disastrous effects of tropical storms and hurricanes heading north as well, as Hurricane Sandy hammered the state. Out west, lake effect snow constantly blankets Buffalo, Syracuse, and Rochester – average yearly snowfall in Buffalo is just under 100 inches per year. In comparison, western portions of the Adirondack range can see up to nearly 200 inches! Only the south-central portion of the state is protected, but even then, it receives around two feet of snow and plenty of rain throughout the average year.
The safest way to transport your car to New York is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – First, the heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to New York
Thinking about using open auto transport for your New York car transport needs? Open carriers are the same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to New York
Hauling construction equipment through New York City is a straight-up nightmare. Even in the less dense regions such as Albany and Poughkeepsie, it’s far from easy – and those are the regions that are seeing more and more development as biotech and computer firms are moving into city-adjacent areas. That’s why many New York construction teams rely on an auto transport company for a helping hand. Construction teams across the Land of Enchantment rely on New York auto transport experts to make sure they stay on schedule, and everything gets to the next site safely – they turn to the New York equipment transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to New York…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to New York” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want to experience and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to New York. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information, including the time and date of pickup, tracking number, and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in New York, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from New York
Being located in a prime position on the Eastern seaboard, New York is the Port of New York and New Jersey, the busiest port on the East Coast, accounting for the third-most container ship traffic in the country. Plenty of vehicles are shipped in and out of the Port, so you’ll want to work with an auto transport team familiar with the Port and New York as a whole. In that case, you’ll want a New York auto transport team that can take care of the logistics for you. It would be best to have the experienced New York auto transport team from Number 1 Auto on your side.
Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From professionals and students moving to New York City to our military members relocating to the remote Fort Drum up on the Canadian border, our clients are at ease knowing that the best New York car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for New York?
Please email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to ship your car to New York. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our New York clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to New York, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.