How We Handle Classic Car Transporting
When it comes to our classic car transport services, there are two ways to get the car shipped. Either by an open car transport carrier or on an enclosed auto transport carrier. The difference between transporting on an open or enclosed carrier is that enclosed has a higher insurance policy. Also, and most importantly, your vehicle will not be exposed to weather elements.
Should I transport my Classic Car on an Open or Enclosed Transport Carrier?
First. is your classic car going to be a project or a “fixer-upper”? If so, your car can be shipped on an open trailer. If you’re not worried about rock chips, debris, or other weather elements, then transporting on an open trailer is fine.
Next, is your classic car fully restored; has a custom paint job, or just all-around just in great condition, and you don’t plan on parking the car outdoors when not in use? Then transporting your classic car in an enclosed auto transport carrier would be your best option. Another reason to transport your classic car enclosed would be if your car has loose parts. This way, your car parts will be secure inside your vehicle on an enclosed auto transport carrier.
The difference between the insurance coverage between open and enclosed auto transport carriers is that on an open car carrier the coverage is generally a $50,000 policy. The insurance policy for an enclosed auto transport carrier generally starts at around $250,000 and can go as high $1,000,000 policy.
How long does it take to do a Classic Car Transport?
Depending on where the car is located, most pickup windows are 24-72 hours from the time the vehicle is ready to be picked up. In remote areas, this window could take up to 5 days for pickup.
- Classic Car Transport turnaround time for a destination under 1,000 miles is 2-3 days.
- From 1,000-1750 the transit time is estimated 4-6 days.
- From 1,750-2,500 the transit time is estimated 7-10 days.
Why Choose Number 1 Auto Transport?
- The rate we provide our customers will never be raised or changed.
- We do not charge a deposit until your car is loaded on our truck, and the deposit is included in the total price quoted.
- No final balance is due until we deliver your vehicle.
- We provide 24hr customer service, if you call after our business hours, please leave a message and one of our customer service representatives will respond.
- Spotless Reputation – Our customers love us; just check our online transport reviews to see what our customers really have said about us.
- We keep you updated throughout the transport, just give us a call.
- You can call us anytime – we are the fastest, most responsive auto transport service in the industry!
Even if you are an amateur enthusiast, you can move a classic car like a professional. Number 1 Auto Transport will ship your auto, transport an antique vehicle, muscle car, or hotrod quickly and safely anywhere in the country. Also, it’s secure, affordable classic car shipping at its best. Number 1 Auto Transport’s expert team offers state-of-the-art, safe, modern enclosed or open auto transport services that take into account the financial investment (not to mention the blood, sweat, and tears!) that makes your classic car a one-of-a-kind beauty.
Have Questions or Need A Classic Car Shipping Quote?
Of course, Number 1 Auto Transport can ship cars to and from auto shows — but we’ll also handle your classic car transport from your buddy’s garage to your home with the same care. Consideration and value that has earned Number 1 Auto Transport its reputation for quality auto shipping and classic car transport services for over 10 years. Finally, read our many 5-star auto transport reviews — or contact us now for more information about how our car shipping & delivery services assure the safety of your next vehicle move. Lastly, we offer free car shipping quotes for any of our auto transport carrier services.