Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to Maryland
When you’re looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to Maryland, you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the Maryland auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing, to working with you through the transport itself, every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make Maryland car shipping much easier than most folks think it is. Whether you are hauling a dozer on a lowboy across town in the busy city of Baltimore, living in Columbia and bringing in your luxury car from Waldorf or outside the stare and you want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier, or living outside Silver Spring and needing your car transported in an open-air carrier to Dundalk, Frederick, Glen Burnie or beyond, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to Maryland? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
Maryland is more than boats, blue crabs, and Bohs, although that is an enjoyable combination. Maryland is a small but expansive state, with slices of life of almost every part of America. The inland counties and cities, like Oakland in Garrett County, have much in common with the Appalachian regions of Pennsylvania and West Virginia – and are a far cry from the Eastern Shore counties of Maryland, or the coastal regions and Assateague.
- Despite ranking 42nd in size out of all the states, Maryland is home to three different climates – humid subtropical in the coastal regions, continental in the inland region, and oceanic in portions in between.
- You might recognize the Main Street of Berlin, Maryland from the movie Runaway Bride. Named by Architectural Digest as one of the 25 Best Small Towns in America, enjoy the quaint small-town feel of a city where 47 of its buildings are on the National Historic Register, and there are restaurants and galleries for everyone!
- Bethesda was ranked by Money magazine in the Top 20 Best Places to live in 2018… but it wasn’t the top Maryland City. In fact, Ellicott City was ranked fourth overall in the country thanks to plenty of park areas, great socioeconomic and racial diversity, and a solid school system.
- Maryland is home to some of the top schools in the country. Annapolis is home to the United States Naval Academy, one of the most exclusive schools in the nation. Meanwhile, Johns Hopkins University was the first true research university in the United States and is one of the top schools in the nation to this day. In fact, five of the Nobel laureates in medicine in the last 20 years were affiliated with Johns Hopkins!
- “The Star-Spangled Banner” was written by Francis Scott Key at Fort McHenry – which you can still visit to this day, along the southern part of Baltimore’s harbor.
- The Chesapeake Bay is not just a big part of the state’s economy, it is a big part of its identity as well. It is home to the state crustacean (the Maryland blue crab) and the state dog (the Chesapeake Bay Retriever) and the state dessert, Smith Island Cake, found only on Smith Island at the mouth of the Bay.
Maryland has a strong economy not just because of the Bay, but also thanks to its proximity to Washington, D.C. Nearly 25% of Maryland’s labor force is considered to be white-collar, and many government agencies including the NSA/CSS, Defense Information Systems Agency, and United States Cyber Command are located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Satellite government headquarters can also be found in the suburban area between these two cities, with easier and less expensive locations than in the Capital proper.
Enclosed Auto Transport to Maryland
Maryland gets a mix of weather throughout the year, which means you’ll want a team that knows how to deal with the mood swings it has. The winters of Maryland are known for being brisk and harsh, especially inland, while the summers can be hot, muggy, and stormy. While Maryland is a small state in terms of area, the odd shape means that it can take the better part of a day to get from one end to the other. So when you’re looking to ship a vehicle from Oakland to Assateague, you’ll want to work with a Maryland auto transport company that knows how to protect your major investment, whether it is a luxury sedan or a high-end SUV, regardless of the weather. By sending your vehicle via an enclosed auto transport when looking for car transport in Maryland, you’ll avoid damage from rain, hail, snow, freezing temperatures, and more. Having your car shipped to Maryland in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment.
The safest way to transport your car to Maryland is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to Maryland
Thinking about using open auto transport for your Maryland car transport needs? Open carriers are the exact same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to Maryland
All of the government development and business development across the state, plus the difficulties of getting across and around terrain including the Chesapeake itself, means that construction crews in Maryland often need a hand getting their heavy equipment from site to site. By relying on Maryland auto transport experts, their dozer, dump trucks, material handlers, and more from one site to the next, they make sure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the next site safely, Maryland construction crews turn to the Maryland car transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to Maryland…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to Maryland” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience, and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to Maryland. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information including the time and date of pickup, tracking number and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in Maryland, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from Maryland
Whether they are moving to one of the Baltimore-Washington metro cities like Germantown, Silver Spring or Rockville to commute into the capital for work, moving into Baltimore for school or business, or enjoying the Bay life in Annapolis or Dundalk, residents moving to and from Maryland need to have the experienced Maryland auto transport team from Number 1 Auto on their side. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From professionals and students to our military members relocating to one of the many installations throughout Maryland, our clients are at ease knowing that the best Maryland car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need A Car Shipping Quote for Maryland?
Email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to ship your car to Maryland. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our Maryland clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to Maryland, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.