Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to Vermont
When you’re looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to Vermont, you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the Vermont auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing, to working with you through the transport itself, every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make Vermont car shipping much easier than most folks think it is, even with the wide-open spaces the state offers. Whether you are hauling a bulldozer or steam shovel on a lowboy from one project in Burlington to another; living in Barre and bringing your luxury car in from Essex, Colchester, or even outside of the state and you want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier, or living outside Montpelier and you need your car transported in an open-air carrier to Milton, Hartford, Brattleboro and beyond, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to Vermont? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
Small, sparsely-populated, mountainous – Vermont is not what most people think of when they think of New England. Vermont has the second-lowest population in the United States, at a little over 623,000 people, and is the sixth smallest, covering only 9,616 square miles. It has the smallest state capitol by population, with Montpelier being home to less than 8,000 residents. It’s got the smallest “largest city” of any state as well, as Burlington is home to only 42,500 residents!
- Vermont loves skiing. It’s home to some of the largest ski areas in New England, and in the eastern United States in general. Sugarbush, Stratton, Smugglers’ Notch, Killington Ski Resort and Bolton Valley are all high on the list of skiers throughout the country. At the top of most folks’ lists is Stowe Mountain Resort, rated by Travel + Leisure as one of the Ten Best Ski Resorts in the US.
- Outside of tourism, one of the biggest economic drivers in Vermont is… maple syrup? As of 2010, there were over 2,000 maple products producers in the state, and in 2019 the state produced 1.98 million gallons of the sweet stuff – 46% of the country’s entire production, and over 1,2 million gallons ahead of second-place New York. Worldwide, only Quebec produces more maple syrup.
- Vermont is, and always had been, one of the most progressive states in the country. In 1880, it was the first state to grant women partial voting rights, it was the first state to abolish slavery, and in 2000, it became the first state to recognize same-sex civil unions.
- The hills are alive with the sound of music… and you can visit them! The Trapp Family Lodge, just outside of Stowe, is owned by the von Trapp family, from The Sound of Music, and features an on-site brewery, restaurant, cross country skiing, and is a working farm. It’s still owned and managed by the von Trapp family, and the graves of numerous family members – including matriarch Maria – are on lodge grounds.
- You never have to worry about calling someone else in Vermont and forgetting about dialing a different area code. As small as the state is, with as few residents as it has, there is only one area code – 802 – for all phone numbers in the state!
- What you won’t see in Vermont? Billboards. Since 1968, Vermont has been billboard-free, with only artistic and tourism-promoting exceptions granted over the years.
- Vermont may be the safest state in the country. Ranked #2 overall by U.S. News & World Report, it ranked second in the separate categories of property crime and violent crime in terms of crimes per 100,000 residents. While Maine was ranked top overall, and ranked higher first in terms of violent crime, its property crime rate came in fourth in the category.
- Vermonters love the outdoors, and love to stay happy and healthy. It is regularly ranked as one of the healthiest states in the country – taking home the top spot in 2011 – and were ranked as the fifth most active state in the country in 2018.
- Vermont’s education system is also considered to be top-notch. As of 2011, 91% of the population had graduated from high school, versus 85% nationally, and 34% of the population had at least an undergraduate degree, compared with 28% nationally. As of 2013, the ratio of pupils to teachers was the lowest in the country, making it a great state for education from kindergarten through graduate and postgraduate work.
With all that to offer, you’ve got to wonder why so few people are making Vermont home. Smart, safe, and plenty of outdoors to enjoy? Sounds just right.
Enclosed Auto Transport to Vermont
Vermont is wintery, that’s for sure. Even the hottest recorded temperature isn’t all that high – 105 degrees, in Vernon. So while summer winter threats are minor, there’s real need for caution in the cooler months. On top of that, Vermont has some rough roads across the state, and has few major thruways. Getting a vehicle from one point to another is call for caution, especially winding through the gusty Green Mountains. That’s why many Vermonters still prefer sending their vehicle to or through Vermont partnered with a company that is used to preparing for and avoiding weather events. When you opt to send your vehicle via an enclosed auto transport when looking for car transport in Vermont, you’ll avoid damage from rain, wind-blown debris in storms, and other curveballs the weather throws out there. Having your car shipped to Vermont in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment for your investment.
The safest way to transport your car to Vermont is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to Vermont
Thinking about using open auto transport for your Vermont car transport needs? Open carriers are the exact same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to Vermont
With cities and towns stretching so far apart, and the gravel and dirt roads that make up some of the rural roadways, having a heavy equipment transporter who knows what they are doing is integral to construction crews looking to succeed in Vermont. Hauling heavy equipment such as skidders and feller bunchers for the forestry industry, or dozer, excavators and graders for the building industry, lowboy services like those we provide at Number 1 Auto Transport help to get work done. Instead of pulling skilled workers away from their specialties or from prepping the next site to move equipment, many construction and timber businesses make the choice to get a third party to move their equipment for them. That’s why construction teams across the Green Mountain State rely on Vermont auto transport experts to make sure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the next site safely – they turn to the Vermont car transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to Vermont…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to Vermont” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience, and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to Vermont. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information including the time and date of pickup, tracking number and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in Vermont, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from Vermont
With so many small cities and towns spread out, and roads cutting through mountains and across rough surfaces, it’s no wonder many car, truck, and heavy machinery owners across Vermont opt for having someone else move their vehicles there. Whether they are headed for work or school in Burlington, moving into the Green Mountains to become a forest worker, or headed to Stowe or Killington to hit the slopes and maybe keep a winter cottage, they want an auto transport company they can trust. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From folks heading into the Northeast Kingdom to get off the grid, to our military members relocating to Coast Guard Station Burlington, our clients are at ease knowing that the best Vermont car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for Vermont?
Email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to ship your car to Vermont. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our Vermont clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to Vermont, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.