Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to Virginia
When you’re looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to Virginia, you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the Virginia auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing to working with you through the transport itself, every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make Virginia car shipping much easier than most folks think it is, even with the wide-open spaces the state offers. Whether you are hauling a bulldozer or steam shovel on a lowboy from one project in Virginia Beach to another; living in Arlington and bringing your luxury car in from Charlottesville, Alexandria, or even outside of the state and you want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier, or living outside Norfolk and you need your car transported in an open-air carrier to Richmond, Chesapeake, Newport News and beyond, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to Virginia? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
One of the first states to take in explorers from the Old World, Virginia saw the Jamestown Colony settled by Europeans all the way back in 1607. Over 400 years later, it is a state that is hard to characterize. From the coastal living of the eastern portion to the spread of history and American government across the northern area, to the sleepy, Appalachian hills of the western outreaches, Virginia brings plenty to the table for visitors and residents alike.
- With high marks for Labor Supply and Regulatory Environment – ranking third in both categories – as well as the top ranking for Quality of Life, Virginia came in 4th overall on Forbes’ Best States for Business Virginia has been rated number one overall on that list five times, and was also rated 4th by CNBC in their state ratings as well.
- From kindergarten through graduate school, Virginia gets high marks for education. The U.S. Department of Education consistently ranks Virginia in their top five on the National Assessment of Educational Progress, and the 2019 Quality Counts report ranked Virginia’s K-12 education as the third-best in the country. After graduation, Virginia has top-notch universities for further education, with the University of Virginia is ranked 28th in the country by the U.S.News and World Report. Virginia Tech and the College of William and Mary also make it into the top 75.
- Conveniently located at the midpoint of the eastern seaboard, with Washington DC sitting at the top of the state, it shouldn’t be a surprise that Virginia is home to a large portion of government and government-related jobs. Virginia has the highest defense spending of any state per capita, which provides citizens with roughly 900,000 jobs. In terms of federal procurement money, roughly 12% of the total yearly amount is spent just in the state of Virginia.
- Rated by Travel + Leisure as one of the Most Scenic Road Trips in America, Skyline Drive is part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, running through Shenandoah National Park. This 105-mile drive can take three hours – much longer if you stop at many of the scenic overlooks along the way, so pack a lunch and make sure the car or bike has plenty of fuel. It’s well worth it.
- Virginia has quietly put together one of the most compelling craft beer, cider, and wine regions in the country. It has the sixth-most wineries in the country, the twelfth-most craft breweries, and the ninth-most cideries. Much of this comes thanks to the western region of the state, where agriculture is king and the climate is at that perfect level for grapes, grains, and apples to all thrive.
- With all the attention paid to Maryland and New England, it would surprise folks to find out that Virginia is the highest producer of seafood on the East Coast, and the fourth-largest in the country! Thanks to the massive tidewater expanse along the Chesapeake Bay, scallops, oysters, blue crabs, and clams are all major harvests, while access to the open ocean brings in saltwater fishing.
- Virginia was the focal point of the Civil War, with a full third of the recognized battlefields from the war being in the state. From the famous, including Manassas, Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville, to the lesser-known New Market battlefield in the Shenandoah Valley, to the end of the war at Appomattox, it is a state that is home to so much of the history of blue versus gray.
- Want to go even further back? Visit the Historic Triangle, a small area on the Virginia Peninsula that holds an incredible amount of history. Linked by the 23-mile-long Colonial Parkway, you can visit Jamestown, and check out the Jamestown Settlement living history museum and Historic Jamestowne, with its ongoing archaeological projects. Follow the Parkway east to Williamsburg, where Colonial Williamsburg is one of the largest living history museums in the country. Finally, the Parkway ends a bit further east at Yorktown, where the American Revolution came to an end as General Cornwallis surrendered to George Washington in 1781.
With everything it has to offer, it’s no wonder Virginia has consistently ranked in the top ten for population growth over the last few years. It’s a state where those who are born there stick around, while plenty of folks are looking to move in from outside.
Enclosed Auto Transport to Virginia
Virginia gets four-season weather, and with part of the state being in the path of many hurricanes working their way up the coast, there is the potential for poor weather throughout the year. Snowfall is generally moderate, and blizzards are rarely a worry, the chills of winter can lead to icy roads. Tornadoes sometimes touch down in the central Virginia region, while the coastline is inundated by hurricanes and tropical storms on a fairly regular basis. It’s a smart idea to protect your investment by using enclosed auto transport in Virginia, especially when poor weather is on the horizon. When you opt to send your vehicle via an enclosed auto transport when looking for car transport in Virginia, you’ll avoid damage from rain, wind-blown debris in storms, and other curveballs the weather throws out there. Having your car shipped to Virginia in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment for your investment.
The safest way to transport your car to Virginia is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to Virginia
Thinking about using open auto transport for your Virginia car transport needs? Open carriers are the exact same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to Virginia
Navigating heavy equipment through the high-growth Golden Crescent region of northern Virginia can be difficult. The busy beltway region, the headaches of dealing with traffic jams on the highways and tight streets in the towns and cities, it all makes transporting dozers, skid steer loaders, pavers, and more a chore. Still, construction crews need to keep up, with the business and population growth continuing at a steady pace. Instead of taking valuable tradesmen and women away from their specialties to load and move equipment, and instead of investing in the truck and trailer needs, many constructions and timber businesses make the choice to get a third party to move their equipment for them. That’s why construction teams across Old Dominion rely on Virginia heavy equipment transport experts to make sure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the next site safely – they turn to the Virginia car transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to Virginia…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to Virginia” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to Virginia. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information including the time and date of pickup, tracking number, and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in Virginia, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from Virginia
With so many federal businesses, armed forces bases, and government-related jobs making up Virginia’s economy, folks are moving in and out of the state quite often. Whether they are headed to Washington and the surrounding area, Marine Corps Base Quantico and the FBI Academy in Prince William County, Langley out in Fairfax County, or the bustling harbor at Hampton Roads – the sixth-busiest port in the country and second-largest on the east coast – there is a massive call for qualified Virginia car transporters. Businesses and individuals want an auto transport company they can trust. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From folks heading into the Golden Crescent to importers collecting vehicles from Hampton Roads, to our military members relocating to Norfolk Naval Station, the largest naval base in the country, our clients are at ease knowing that the best Virginia car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for Virginia?
Email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to ship your car to Virginia. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our Virginia clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to Virginia, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.