Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to Michigan
When you’re looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to Michigan, you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the Michigan auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing, to working with you through the transport itself, every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make Michigan car shipping much easier than most folks think it is. Whether you are hauling a dozer on a lowboy across the Mackinac Bridge from the Lower Peninsula to the UP, living in Lansing and bringing in your luxury car from Detroit and you want it protected from the elements in an enclosed carrier, or living outside Grand Rapids and needing your car transported in an open-air carrier to Flint, Ann Arbor, Dearborn or beyond, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to Michigan? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
Michigan is a pretty interesting state. The home of Motown and American manufacturing, it’s the only state that is composed entirely of two peninsulas. Bordered by Lake Saint Clair and four of the five Great Lakes – all but Lake Ontario – it has the longest freshwater coastline in the country. No matter where you are in Michigan, you are never more than 6 miles from the nearest freshwater lake or stream! Probably one of the main reasons why Michigan is such a big tourism destination and boasts the third-most registered boats of any state in the country. Michigan has plenty of other things going for it as well:
- As the home of Motown and garage rock, it has brought the country diverse musical acts, ranging from Aretha Franklin, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles and The Temptations to The Stooges, Alice Cooper, MC5, and more. Visit the Motown Museum, Home of Hitsville, U.S.A. for a guided tour of the history of the music city.
- With 116 lighthouses on the shores of the Great Lakes, Michigan is home to more lighthouses than any ocean state has.
- Michigan is home to quite a number of large companies. Many of them are based in manufacturing – and range from companies such as Dow and Whirlpool to Kellogg, which is famously headquartered in Battle Creek.
- Of course, the most well-known industry in Michigan is the automotive industry. General Motors and Ford continue to be the largest two companies in Michigan, while support companies and parts manufacturers such as TRW Automotive, Penske Automotive, American Axle, Lear, and BorgWarner are also located there.
- Michigan is the third-largest producer of live Christmas trees in the United States, so if you’re in the Midwest and want a live tree, you know where to go.
- Michigan is also the largest producer of tart cherries, such as the Montmorency cherry, in the nation. At the center of Michigan’s Fruit Belt, Traverse City is home to the annual National Cherry Festival.
All of this has helped Michigan bounce back from some tough times, and has helped the state continue to be cited for being a great place for growth and opportunity, heading into the future.
Enclosed Auto Transport to Michigan
With a northern location and being surrounded by water, Michigan can get positively hammered by winter storms. From biting winds blowing in from Lake Michigan itself, to snow picking up as it comes down across Lake Superior from Canada and hits the U.P., there’s a lot that Michigan residents have to deal with. In fact, while mainland Michigan often catches up to 40-50 inches of lake-effect snow per year, the reaches of the Upper Peninsula can see up to 160 inches over some winters. So when you’re looking to ship a vehicle from Troy to Marquette or Sault Ste. Marie, you’ll want to work with a Michigan auto transport company that knows how to protect your major investment, whether it is a luxury sedan or a high-end SUV, regardless of the weather. By sending your vehicle via an enclosed auto transport when looking for car transport in Michigan, you’ll avoid damage from rain, hail, snow, freezing temperatures, and more. Having your car shipped to Michigan in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment.
The safest way to transport your car to Michigan is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to Michigan
Thinking about using open auto transport for your Michigan car transport needs? Open carriers are the exact same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to Michigan
Clearly, with some of the distances and weather headaches you may get in Michigan throughout the year, construction work has to go by the schedule of the seasons. Even then, it can be hard to count on weather staying positive, and some distances can eat up too much valuable time for construction crews. Crews often need a hand moving their dozers, graders, and material handlers from one site to the next without losing their own man-hours. They rely on Michigan auto transport experts to make sure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the next site safely – they turn to the Michigan car transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to Michigan…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to Michigan” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience, and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to Michigan. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information including the time and date of pickup, tracking number and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in Michigan, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from Michigan
As it develops into the future, Michigan continues to draw people – for business, for culture, for education. From folks moving to be part of the manufacturing scene in Detroit, to coming to Ann Arbor for education, they all need vehicles to get around. Particularly if they’re coming from a fair distance away, residents moving to and from Michigan need to have the experienced Michigan auto transport team from Number 1 Auto on their side. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From professionals and students to our military members relocating to one of the many installations throughout Michigan, our clients are at ease knowing that the best Michigan car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need A Car Shipping Quote for Michigan?
Email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to ship your car to Michigan. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our Michigan clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to Michigan, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.