Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to Illinois
Looking for the best auto transport company to ship your car to Illinois, well you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the Illinois auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing, to working with you through the transport itself, every member of our team will have the utmost respect and honesty for yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps to make Illinois car shipping much easier than most folks think it is. Whether you are hauling a bulldozer on a lowboy across town in busy Chicago, in the capital of Springfield and bringing in your luxury car that you want protected from fierce lakeside winters in an enclosed carrier, or living outside the Chicagoland metropolis and needing your car transported in an open-air carrier to Naperville, Peoria, or beyond, Number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to Illinois? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
Illinois is like a slice of America. On one hand, you have a massively urban area, Chicago and the surrounding metropolitan area, often referred to as Chicagoland. Containing the cities of Aurora, Elgin, Joliet, Naperville and more, in addition to Chicago itself, it takes up only 9% of the area of Illinois – but is home to 65% of the residents.
- First, over 400 major corporate headquarters are located in Chicagoland, including 31 of the Fortune 500. Companies including McDonald’s, Allstate, Kraft Heinz, Boeing, and many more call it home.
- Second, it is regularly rated as the top metropolitan area for corporate relocations.
- Third, The Port of Chicago, one of the furthest inland ports in the country, connects through the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean, as well as to the Mississippi River and points south.
- Finally, it is home to four airports, including Chicago O’Hare – the second-busiest in the U.S. and the sixth-busiest in the world – as well Chicago Midway, which is the 26th busiest in the country.
You’d think all of this would make Chicago the capital of the state, but no, that title belongs to Springfield. It may only be three hours from Chicago to Springfield, by way of Peoria, but it is a world away. Home to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, it has a modest population of only a little more than 110,000 residents.
There’s so much more to Illinois though. It’s a hotbed for education, with six Illinois universities being ranked as first tier universities by U.S. News and World Report – including Northwestern University and the University of Chicago, both ranked in the Top 10. Their business schools – Kellogg School of Management and Booth School of Business, respectively – are ranked in the top 10 globally!
Enclosed Auto Transport to Illinois
With such an imbalance of population, and the flow of commerce through running through the corner of the state, car shipping in Illinois can often be a necessity. Driving from the city, it can take five to six hours to reach the furthest bottom end of the state. Illinois winters are no joke either – lake-effect snow can dump foot upon foot in a day. Plus, Chicago’s not called “the Windy City” for nothing. You’ll want an Illinois auto transport company that knows how to protect your major investment, whether it is a luxury sedan or a high-end SUV. By sending your vehicle via an enclosed auto transport when looking for car transport in Illinois, you’ll avoid damage from rain, heavy winds, and snowfall. Having your car shipped to Illinois in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment.
The safest way to transport your car to Illinois is within an enclosed auto transport. There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to Illinois
Thinking about using open auto transport for your Illinois car transport needs? Open carriers are the exact same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Therfore, your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Finally, open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to Illinois
With the constant growth of Chicago and its metropolitan region, including Naperville and Rockford, construction equipment seems to be always on the move. With the major corporations and universities kicking off capital projects left and right, Illinois construction crews can’t slow down. That’s why they rely on Illinois auto transport experts move their dump trucks, excavators, material handlers, lifts and more from one site to the next, while the crews continue to work. To stay on schedule, Illinois construction crews turn to the Illinois car transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy equipment is a serious business. Our veteran lowboy carrier drivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to Illinois…
The best way to answer the question of “How to ship my car to Illinois” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want experience, and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to Illinois. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information including the time and date of pickup, tracking number and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in Illinois, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from Illinois
Whether they are moving to Chicago or one of the other cities like Joliet or Peoria, whether they are moving for work, education, or just to see what the big city is like, folks moving to and from Illinois need to have the experienced Illinois auto transport team from Number 1 Auto on their side. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From professionals and students to our military members relocating to the Sir Mobility Command out of Scott Air Force Base, our clients are at ease knowing that the best Illinois car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for Illinois?
Email us or Call 855-422-4141 for a FREE QUOTE to ship your car to Illinois. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our Illinois clients with the best car shipping service at the most reasonable auto transport rates available.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured – In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to Illinois, we have you covered! Our insurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.